Monday, July 1, 2013

June Update


Hey friends!

I noticed I'm a little behind on writing tips, and I'm sorry. So far my summer has been super-super busy, but I'll try to get to it more. And more book reviews, too ;) 

Anyway, I know you'll all be glad to know I've been working hard on my next book! It will not be a sequel to The Hidden Amethyst, but a totally different story. It really wasn't going so good...I had like seven started stories that didn't work out, so until this morning I had no story. But then this afternoon I was looking through my started drafts and saw one and I was like, Hey! That'll work! I'm not going to reveal the story or title in case the story flops (which I hope it does not).
So a built-in writing tip here: If you get stuck with your stories, here’s 3 options:
  1. Write junk.
  2. Work on something you WANT to write really badly, even if you know it won’t work.
  3. Take a break from writing for a couple days to a week.

So on my Links page, there is a link for The Homeschool Gazette. Since I never really talked about it, I will now. The Gazette is a website for kids (not just for homeschoolers!) that my friend created. I write for it, as do a couple of my other friends. Awesome stuff there: jokes, recipes, short stories, reviews, educational stuff, and fashion tips! For boys and girls!. Plus I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to the Gazette and to Joy for reviewing my book!!!!! Woohoo! Joy you're awesome!! 
Click here to check out the Gazette! And if you can, please comment on your favorite posts!

Anyway I think that is all! Thanks for reading my blog, and yes, more character files and writing tips are coming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment